Saturday 3 August 2013

Time for a Sketch

Now, my recent lack of blogging has really become apparent to all my fan [that’s you Batch, you cunt].

But, I’m a busy man-child; I don’t have time to articulate all my frustrations into words nowadays, especially seeing as this blog has been going for over five years and I’m yet to become famous or even slightly respected for all the effort I’ve put in. I blame you all, I hope you know.

That’s why blogging has taken a backseat to other aspirations I hold. The first example was my battle rap, which if it went ahead and I was successful [not in the battle, but in standing in front of a crowd and performing, without making a massive tit of myself], I was going to try my hand at a stand-up routine.

Blogging was a low priority at the begging of the year as I was developing comedy sketches for various outlets, including Newsjack, 4amCab and The Show What You Wrote. Although a mix up with submitting times and working a late shift meant that all the hard work I’d ploughed into writing for TSWYW was a total waste as I missed the deadline. I could really do with an agent or at least someone to make sure I’m actually paying attention to these fucking things I do.

I hadn’t heard anything for a while and wasn’t hoping for much from 4amCab as I’d sent them three sketches and once I clicked send email I instantly regretting one of the sketches so much I assumed they wouldn’t use anything I’d offered up. It was in very poor taste. But they the other I got a notification on Twitter [this almost never happens], excited and bemused I checked it out. And as it turns out they’d liked something I sent them and used it.

This made me happy.

The sketch has be rewritten by the wonderful people at 4amCab [this happens a lot, as at the end of the day it’s their product that they are putting out and the podcast has a certain ‘feel’ it needs to continue], but features my beginning and overall premise.

You can check out the sketch here;



You can check out the whole podcast here;

http://4amcab.com/credits/s2/credits-ep4-spudmarine/

You can Follow 4amCab on Twitter here;

https://twitter.com/4amcab

The Sketch I send them. 

No comments: