Thursday 13 January 2011

Topical Sketch #1: Beckham's Hot Spa

I thought it's about time I try my hand at writing topical sketches as it's something that (particularly) radio shows are after. I've written a couple of sketches so far, but they're ideas that have been given time to ferment and I've gone back and changed them – adding and removing parts in an attempt to get them just right. Whereas with topical sketches, I feel like you've just got to bang them out quite fast, you can't sit around waiting or by the time you've got it perfect the subject matter is no longer topical – which makes your sketch dated and therefore pointless.

So here's the first. It's about David Beckham playing for Tottenham Hotspurs.


Beckham's Hot Spa (Sketch)

2 comments:

dettolsmacker said...

AHAHAHAHA!your sketch is brilliant.

Ben said...

Cheers Dettol!

It's good to know someone's enjoying my time-wasting antics.