Saturday 6 November 2010

Coining Ways to Save the Flipping World

The world is over populated. Just peer out your window and look at them all, there’s millions, bloody clogging up everything; the street, the pub, the shops, the prisons, the schools, the hospitals … basically everywhere you will find them; people! Bloody people, with their skin, beliefs, careers, families and lives! I've never been a fan of people. Yeah, there's a handful of them that I wouldn't slaughter if push came to shove, but for the most part you have to admit that they are quite shit. I've spent the majority of my existence adopting inanimate objects as my close friends and it's served me well. Inanimate objects don't complain about their jobs or their relationships and the majority of them serve an actual purpose unlike 75% of the human race.

But what can we do? It's not as if we can just start rounding up people and killing them, is it?

Morally, legally and humanitarianly [I made that word up – I think; it's not in my Dictionary and the OpenOffice doesn't recognise it] the answer is most definitely; NO! But if we push our morals, laws and humanitarian beliefs to the side the answer becomes; YES.

Firstly, let's simply picture the world; natural resources are running low, there's some kind of recession happening, our fellow man is starving to death and Lady Gaga is topping the charts. It's not a pretty picture to say the least, the world is looking like a Picasso painting, if instead of paintbrushes he used a double-barrel shotgun to blast squirrels onto the canvas. Is this the kind of world you want for your children? Or your children's children? Or your grandchildren? Or your children's children's children? Or your great-grandchildren? [The word children has lost all meaning to me now, I've used it so many times, it no longer looks like a real word] Well is that what you want? If the answer is 'Yes', you have failed at being human. Nobody in their right mind would want such horrors to continue on for the proceeding generations. It is time we stood up now and made a change for the better, by doing something selfless for those to come after us, so that we will go down in history as the people who saved the world by murdering half of the population of the world.

OK, I understand that this idea is not going to be popular straight away. Somewhere down the line I intend of incorporating an iPhone application into it so it will become more popular then celebrity endorsements in order to garter more support. But as it stands currently, this idea is extremely unpopular, as far the school kids of ideas go, this one is the guy in the classroom that stinks of hamster turds and chews table legs. I understand that.

I also know it's not a new idea and has been used before, often referred to as 'genocide' or 'ethnic cleansing'. But my idea does differ from these. I'm not going to lie, to begin with I was in deep thought about how the people that were going to make the ultimate sacrifice should be chosen, but in the end I realised that by simply picking out people I would be no better than Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin or George Bush!

So after sleepless nights trying to figure out how this would all happen, I eventually came to the conclusion that we would decide who lived and died by the simple flip of a coin. Tails; your tail is safe, Heads; your head is coming off. Simple as that.

Of course this is not going to be forced on people, because if people are as good as people are always telling me, they'd have no problem killing themselves in an attempt to aid the future of mankind. Would they?

I've come to terms with my existence. I know fully well that I serve no real purpose, outside of creating this very idea, that will go towards saving the planet and it's inhabitants, but saving the world is a minor thing in my eyes, I not even add it to my C.V. I'll step up and flip the coin when my time is up and if it's Heads, I'll happily take one for the team, 'one' being death, the 'team' being humanity.

Imagine a world half as populated; everyone would be housed, fed and clothed. That 'Carbon Footprint' would drop drastically as there would be half as much traffic – no more traffic jams for those that choose to drive. Natural resources would be around for a longer time period. All this can be achieved by simply wiping out half of the population of the world. It seems like a small sacrifice for a huge gain. Like I've already said, it's not going to be popular and right now you're undoubtedly thinking I'm some kind of sick fuckwit for even coming up with the idea, but eventually it'll sink in and you'll be somewhere soon, more than likely Christmas shopping in some shopping centre and it will dawn on you, that if half the people there were wiped out the whole experience would be less stressful. Eventually you see it my way. Most people do in the end.

No comments: