Monday 29 December 2008

In Blog We Trust

It’s that time of the year when we look back over the last 12 months to see what we’ve accomplished and how well our life is going. And as I sit here and think about 2008 I congratulate myself on a few things; not catching AIDs, not ODing, not getting arrested, not getting killed, eventually having sex in my new house (yes, I did it in the end people), but most of all I applaud this very Blog; The Misadventures of Ben Broughton.

I started this Blog so I could put forward my personal opinions on such topics that are deemed unacceptable by society; my hate for ‘emo’ music (Ban Emo Music, Save Lives!), underage drinking & sex (Underage Drinkers and Sexual Abuse), my hate for Religion (Letter to God), my love of cannabis (Legalise Weed, Don’t Get Stabbed) and a few other topics close to my heart. I have attempted to assist my followers with my detailed insights into life with my Self-Help posts too. To begin with I believed that this Blog, like many others would just be read by the sad fucker that writes it, but I was wrong. People actually comment on my posts, while a large percent of these people are my ‘friends’, I still do get comments from other people. Plus people talk to me about it when I bump into them at the pub. It’s good too know that there are some people out there that appreciate my subject matter, because many times I’ve tried to discuss these issues in the real world and been looked upon as if I’m some type of weirdo. So thank you people.

So, the looking back on what-was, is over, now it is time to look forward too what-is-to-come in 2009. And as the old saying goes; “If it ain’t fucking broke, don’t fucking fix it, you twat”, so expect much of the same. But I do have big and better plans in mind, such as actual videos! Time will tell if I’m up to the challenge.

Coming back to my Blog, there’s a few interesting facts I’d like to bring up. When you Google my name (Yes – I Google myself, don’t act like you don’t!) many pages come up, it seems as if Ben Broughton is a popular name. But the point is that my Blog does not appear until the third page on Google and even then it’s at the bottom (Click Here). I later found out that if you type in my name followed by any explicit word (such as; penis, pussy, twat, fuck, sex, piss) my Blog is the first to come up. For example; “Ben Broughton Fuck” (Click Here). I’m so proud of this!

I also recently discovered that if you type “faggot-fucking foetus-features” into Google my Blog is the only one to come up (Click Here). I know what you’re thinking, and yes I waste plenty of hours in my day typing random shit into Google.

Lastly, if you click on View my complete profile (situated to the right), my profile comes up (shockingly!). Take a few seconds to take in my beautiful picture, then click on my Occupation (Media Studies), this allows you browse profiles with the same Occupation settings as me, there’s something like three pages I think. But here’s (what I find) a coincidence that one of my best-friends’ (Jattinder Singh) is a few people below me. I knew he had a Blog but I’d never seen it until I discovered this in through sheer boredom.

So people, thanks for reading. Tell your friends about the magic that takes place here, more are welcome to join us. One last thing, I would like a few comments from people on this post if they have time. Don't talk about this post, I'd like to ask:

What has been your favourite post this year?

Please leave a comment.

No comments: